About Buckhead

Buckhead's first library was founded in 1929 by Ida Williams and located in R.L. Hope School on Piedmont Road, just behind what is now the Grand Hyatt Buckhead hotel. Later it moved to the McDuffie building on Roswell Road across from what is now Buckhead Triangle Park and was officially named the Ida Williams Library. After Williams' death in 1936, funds were raised for a permanent building at 49 Buckhead Avenue, and a neo-classical red-brick building with a white-columned portico designed by Cooper and Cooper was opened in 1942. In 1990, this community landmark was replaced with a 22,000 square foot ultra-modern building designed by Mack Scogin, Merrill Elam Architects. The newly renovated Buckhead library with its sleek lines and clear view from the front entrance to the rear of the library has a clean and refreshing atmosphere. This beautiful, bright space was redesigned by the design/build team of McAfee3 Architects and Evergreen Construction. The new additions include reimagined meeting rooms and three study rooms. In addition, there is now a state of the art teen center and children’s story time room. Patrons have full access to copier, printer, and self-service checkout stations. The newly renovated Buckhead library with its sleek lines and clear view from the front entrance to the rear of the library has a clean and refreshing atmosphere. This beautiful, bright space was redesigned by the design/build team of McAfee3 Architects and Evergreen Construction. Located in the heart of the Shops of Buckhead, After 30 years in its location it yet has a current vibe. The new additions include a large and medium meeting room 3 study rooms and a conference style meeting room. A state of the art teen center and children’s story time room. Patrons have full access to business center with color/black and white copier, printer and self-service checkout stations.