Who are Friends of the Library?
Friends of the Library organizations are separate organizations from the library and are made up of caring, involved people who support a strong public library system for the benefit of the community. Friends enrich the library in many ways.
- The Friends volunteer in libraries helping with many important tasks and projects.
- They focus public attention on library services and advocate for libraries to get the support they need.
- They sponsor programs and cultural activities to involve the community in the library.
- They enhance the library by donating important items or by funding programs that are not in the library's budget.
- Some Friends organizations hold book sales to raise money for the library.