WHY READ TO MY BABY?
Parents and caregivers are babies’ first teachers. Filling your interactions with lots of loving language nutrition provides the building blocks for your child to be more likely to succeed in school and have more positive social interactions. Reading to babies every day is a great way to do it! Reading to your baby daily:
- Promotes language and brain development
- Provides an understanding of the world that helps to build empathy
- Improves attention, decreases anxiety and behavioral issues
- Helps in the future development of writing and math skills
- Increases chances of graduating from high school and pursuing a college degree