Please note that while Interlibrary Loan services have been temporarily suspended, we are still accepting book requests through the form.
Fulton County Library System is proud to serve our patrons through Interlibrary Loan. Interlibrary Loan (or ILL) is a process that allows our library system to borrow items that we do not own from other libraries and library systems.
Please check our catalog before placing an ILL request. We cannot place ILL requests for items the library owns.
Interlibrary Loan Policies
- Patron must have a current, unblocked, and valid FCLS library card, with less than $10.00 in fines.
- Patrons may have up to 7 total ILL requests and check-outs at one time.
- Any loan costs will be passed on to the patron.
- ILL renewals must be requested 7 days in advance by contacting ILL staff at email@example.com.
- ILL items must be returned inside the branch and not in the bookdrop.
- Patron is responsible for the replacement costs of any lost items which may be $100 or more and is determined by the owning library.
- We cannot borrow current year copyright items via ILL.
Please be aware that the following items are hard to obtain:
- Genealogical material (photocopies can be requested at a charge)
- Audiovisual materials (DVDs, CDs, VHS)
- Old or rare books