The Fulton County Library System is pleased to offer free meeting room space for community use. The availability of meeting room space is on a first-come, first-served basis by application.
Here's what you need to know to request meeting room space:
• Fulton County policy prohibits political activity in County facilities and by County employees during work hours. Use of Fulton County facilities for political purposes is prohibited by Policy 600-46. A candidate may use a County facility, if permitted, for a non-political event.
• All programs and meetings must be free and open to the public.
• Meeting room space is not available for private meetings and events.
• Those using the Library's meeting rooms are subject to the rules set forth in the Library System's Code of Conduct.
• Priority for meeting room usage is given to Library sponsored programs.
• A completed meeting room application should be submitted to the library manager or designee. Meeting room applications are available on the Library System's website (www.fulcolibrary.org) or at any library location.
• Individuals signing the Meeting Room Application must have a current Fulton County Library System (FCLS) borrower's card.
• To ensure all groups have equal opportunity to book meeting rooms, organizations and groups can reserve
meeting rooms twice per month.
• Permission to meet in the Library does not constitute an endorsement of an individual's or group’s beliefs.
• Users of Library meeting rooms may not at any time use the name, address, telephone number or the Fulton County Library System logo (unless approved) as the official address or headquarters for any individual, organization or business. Signs shall be posted at the entrance to each meeting room at which a non-Library sponsored program is being held which state that “THIS PROGRAM CONTENT IS NEITHER SPONSORED, NOR ENDORSED, NOR APPROVED BY THE FULTON COUNTY LIBRARY SYSTEM OR FULTON COUNTY GOVERNMENT.” Furthermore, any announcements, advertisements or notices about an event being held in a Library meeting room, whether written or digital, must contain the above statement about the lack of Fulton County Library System sponsorship, endorsement or approval. Any user of a Library meeting room who allows, permits or has knowledge of a third party advertising or announcing the user’s event without the above statement will be held in violation of this policy, if the user fails to correct or prevent the advertisement or announcement.
• Due to space constraints, the Library may not be able to post flyers or other material relating to meeting room use.
• Refreshments are allowed at some facilities. Please check with the manager.
• Fees may be assessed to meeting room applicants or user groups for the repair of damages to facilities.
• In selected facilities, meetings and programs may continue for 1 hour past closing of the facility.
Failure to comply with this policy may result in permanent exclusion from further use of meeting rooms within the Fulton County Library System or for a specified period of time.
For more specific information regarding meeting room usage at the Central Library, the Auburn Avenue Research Library on African American Culture and History and at branch libraries, please call the facility of interest. Information may also be found on the Library System's website at www.fulcolibrary.org. Due to the unique archival nature of the Auburn Avenue Research Library's collections, additional restrictions may apply on meeting room usage. Audio visual equipment might be available only at the Central Library and a request form must be completed and submitted to the office of the Central Library Manager for review and approval. Thank you for your interest in our meeting room facilities.
The Fulton County Library System does not discriminate in making its premises available to the community on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
This Policy supersedes any and all previous Library policies governing Meeting Rooms.
Approved by the Board of Trustees
12/ 18 / 19