Why was the library so tall?
Because it had a lot of stories!
Just a little joke to set the tone...
October is Positive Attitude month, and the library is the perfect place to find some good mood boosters. Whether you're looking for a book to cheer you up, a song to dance to, or an activity to keep you busy, the library has you covered.
To get you started, here is some information from our marvelous digital resources!
- Watch Happy on Access Video: Filmed on five continents, this documentary combines powerful stories and remarkable case studies with serious brain science to lead viewers toward a deeper understanding of how they can actively pursue a happier life.
- Or check out a movie through Kanopy; may we recommend Amelie? This acclaimed, romantic-comedy follows a painfully shy waitress (Audrey Tautou) at a tiny Paris cafe who makes a surprising discovery, drastically changing her life for the better. From then on, Amelie dedicates herself to helping others find happiness in the most delightfully unexpected ways. But will she have the courage to do for herself what she has done for others?
- Maybe you prefer being around fantastic art. If so, take a virtual tour through the Louvre.
- If you have some time and are so inclined, hop onto GALILEO and do some research on the psychology of happiness.
- Or, Health Reference Center has some great articles as well.
- Universal Class offers courses on everything from Healing Affirmations, to Building Self Esteem or The Art of Breathing. Set yourself up for greatness!
- This is just a start to get you inspired. There are so many wonderful resources to get you thinking positively!