Reopening Guidelines for Fulton County Library
Welcome back! We are thrilled to welcome patrons back to our libraries. As we work through Phase 1 of our return to in-person services, here are few tips for visiting your local library while following COVID-19 safety measures.
What services can I expect, now that the library is reopened to the public?
FulcoLibrary is pleased to offer in-branch browsing and use of our computer labs at all 32 library branches. Here are a few tips for patrons:
- In-branch browsing and borrowing includes browsing shelves and using self-check machines for completing as many transactions as possible, like paying fines (with a credit card, no cash accepted at this time) or checking out a book (or 20!)
- Patrons will be allowed one hour per day for in-branch browsing and borrowing, so please plan accordingly. We want everyone to have the opportunity to come back inside!
- Patrons can use our self-serve copying/printing services while visiting the branch.
- Patrons will also be able to get in-person assistance at the information desk (including assistance with locating materials in the branch, assisting with new library cards, or other questions).
- Patrons will also be permitted one hour per day for computer lab use. Those using the lab will receive a disposable keyboard and mouse protector for their time at the computer.
What services will NOT be available when you reopen on May 4th?
During our first phase of reopening some services will not be available. As we move to a wider reopening in June 2021, we hope to get some of these additional services back online!
- In-branch programming will not take place at this time.
- Study room/meeting room use will not be available at this time.
- Staff will be unable to accept cash payments for fines, however cash is accepted for payment at all self-check machines.
- In-branch use of tables/chairs or lounge areas will not be available.
This all sounds great, but when will the library open for good?
The wonderful news is that once we complete the first phase of reopening and see that all our main services are running efficiently and effectively, our plan is to fully reopen on June 1st, in time to kick-off our annual Summer Reading Program! This next phase will include a full opening schedule (Monday-Saturday) at previous hours of operation, the addition of seating and lounge areas, return to previous capacity levels in-branch and more. Stay tuned as we work our way to a full reopening!
More information is available on our website.