Even though Central Library is not open yet, 32 Fulton Public Library branches officially re-opened to the public on June 1, 2021. This is a great time to get to know your library staff, explore or reacquaint yourself with the library and the services offered. Here’s a list of 10 tips that you can use to get started:
1) Visit a library branch. Each one is unique in its design.
2) Get a library card or renew your expired one.
3) Sign-up for the Summer Reading program which runs from June 1-August 1 and it is for all ages.
4) Check out materials and allow at least one of those items to be something you never checked out before (e.g., an audiobook, e-book, travel book, history book, etc.).
5) Learn about placing a hold on library materials.
6) Learn about inter-library loan services.
7) Check the Fulton County Public Library website, social media outlets (Facebook, Instagram & Twitter) or contact your local library branch for information on upcoming programs and updates.
8) Explore the electronic databases and the variety of technology available for you to use.
9) Find a nice spot to read inside or outside a library branch.
10) Ask a library staff person for assistance if you need it. We are here to help.