Central has several meeting rooms available. Meeting rooms are not for individuals, and may only be used by groups. In order to use a meeting room, groups must fill out a Meeting Room Application.
In order to use a meeting room outside of normal branch hours, groups must obtain permission from the Central Library Administrator or Library Manager/designee when booking the meeting room. Individuals signing the Meeting Room Application form must ensure that the room is in order, the lights are turned off, and the doors are securely locked after the meeting has ended.
Individuals should submit Meeting Room Application forms at least two (2) weeks before the actual event. Rooms are assigned in the order requests are received. Requests should be submitted to Zenobia Claxton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Failure to comply with regulations or abuse (including three  "no shows") will result in suspension of the right to use the meeting rooms for one year.
In the event of emergency closing of a unit, every effort will be made by the Central Library Administrator, Library Manager/designee to notify the contact person listed on the application. Notice of cancellation should be made as soon as possible.
After 30 minutes, a group may forfeit its reservation if it fails to appear as scheduled.
- Fulton County policy prohibits political activity in County facilities and by County employees during work hours. Use of Fulton County facilities for political purposes is prohibited by Policy 600-46. A candidate may use a County facility, if permitted, for a non-political event.
- All programs and meetings must be free and open to the public.
- Meeting room space is not available for private meetings and events.
- Those using the Library's meeting rooms are subject to the rules set forth in the Library System's Code of Conduct.
- Priority for meeting room usage is given to Library sponsored programs.
- Individuals signing the Meeting Room Application must have a current Fulton County Library System (FCLS) borrower's card.
- Organizations and groups can reserve meeting rooms twice per month.
- Permission to meet in the Library does not constitute an endorsement of an individual's or group's beliefs.
- Users of Library meeting rooms may not at any time use the name, address, telephone number or the Fulton County Library System logo (unless approved) as the official address or headquarters for any individual, organization or business. Signs shall be posted at the entrance to each meeting room at which a non-Library sponsored program is being held which state that "THIS PROGRAM CONTENT IS NEITHER SPONSORED, NOR ENDORSED, NOR APPROVED BY THE FULTON COUNTY LIBRARY SYSTEM OR FULTON COUNTY GOVERNMENT." Furthermore, any announcements, advertisements or notices about an event being held in a Library meeting room, whether written or digital, must contain the above statement about the lack of Fulton County Library System sponsorship, endorsement or approval. Any user of a Library meeting room who allows, permits or has knowledge of a third party advertising or announcing the user's event without the above statement will be held in violation of this policy, if the user fails to correct or prevent the advertisement or announcement.
- Due to space constraints, the Library may not be able to post flyers or other material relating to meeting room use.
- Refreshments are allowed at some facilities and/or in designated areas within the library. Please check with the manager.
- Fees may be assessed to meeting room applicants or user groups for the repair of damages to facilities.
- In selected facilities, meetings and programs may continue for 1 hour past closing of the facility.
Groups planning to have food and/or refreshments during their meeting must receive approval from the Central Library Administrator or the Library Manager/designee prior to the meeting. Red punch or foods containing dyes that may stain carpets or equipment are not permitted.
The meeting room must be left in the order in which it was found. Tables and chairs may be rearranged, provided they are returned to their original arrangement at the end of the meeting. Facilities will be inspected after each meeting. A fee will be charged to users for repair of damage to facilities or for special cleaning as determined by the Central Library Administrator or the Library Manager/designee. Fees for damages to a facility will be assessed to the library card record of the individual who signed the Meeting Room Application.